Do you have an idea of how to deliver our sports, music, news, advertisements, movies, TV and gaming in a more meaningful and engaging way? Or maybe these industries could benefit from today’s technology? How about all the data that is surrounding these different industries? Join us in developing new and fresh ideas centered around the viewing and creation of our Media.
WHAT: Learn the process of building a company, practice pitching and create a company
WHEN: Friday to Sunday, 28.-30.9.2018, exact times to be confirmed
WHERE: Aleksinkulma in Oulu City Center (Aleksanterinkatu 9)
Startup Weekend is about pursuing an idea or solving a problem. This is the event where to start and find people to start with. Startup Weekend is the place to look for a team, create a prototype of your idea, validate your business idea, and receive feedback from experienced entrepreneurs, all in one weekend.
Startup Weekend is your chance to learn how to take any idea from a concept to reality within a weekend!
During the weekend you will...
- get introduced to the world of startups and entrepreneurship,
- learn the process for taking ideas into action,
- learn and practice new skills to take back to your job,
- meet experienced, talented, and passionate entrepreneurs in Finland,
- join or build an all-star team, or
- spend an amazing weekend with like-minded people
Who is Startup Weekend For?
It doesn't matter what you do or where you come from, Startup Weekend is designed as an inclusive event and program that brings all sorts of people together including
- aspiring & experienced entrepreneurs,
- developers and other tech-related professionals,
- designers of all types,
- non-technical talent (i.e. business, sales, healthcare, education, finance, legal, etc.),
- students from universities and even high schools,
- professionals looking to switch careers or build new skills,
- passionate visionaries, and many more!
Why you should join?
- You will experience what it's like in the startup world, and learn first hand about every step of building a business. At the very least it'll be a memorable weekend away from your usual daily routine.
- You might find your perfect co-founder soulmate with whom you'll go on to launch a successful startup, be it this weekend or down the road.
- We take good care of you during the weekend. All you need to bring is yourself and your laptop. We’ll provide you with:
- 7 meals, snacks and refreshments all weekend
- Startup Weekend Oulu T-shirt
- Access to the best startup tools
- Advice and coaching from some of the area's best startup mentors
- Membership in the Startup Weekend Community (>200K alumni),
- A process for taking any idea from concept to creation in a matter of days
- New awesome friends and connections!
Do I need to come with an idea?
If you have an idea for a startup, then great! We hope you pitch that on Friday. If you don't have an idea, that's all right! Come and spend the weekend, listen to the ideas being pitched, and see if something strikes your interest! The weekend is all about learning about the startup ideation process and from your peers. If you have more questions, please feel free to reach us out.
Your idea should be something you have not previously worked on. Over the course of the weekend you'll be challenged to create a prototype of your MVP, or minimum viable product, that fits the needs of your target customer. You'll get feedback, iterate, and likely pivot your approach entirely!
For more information, please contact Eemeli Alanne (email@example.com).